Frequently Asked Questions


What is the cost of tuition?

Tuition is $100 per credit for high school students.  Tennessee residents may apply for the $300 Dual Enrollment Grant that is available to high school juniors and seniors. Please note that the tuition cost for high school graduates  is set at the traditional undergraduate tuition rate of $285 per credit .

How do I make my tuition payment(s)? 

Payment is due in full two weeks prior to the start of each session. You can pay your tuition online through eStudent by credit/debit card or you can mail a check to:
Bryan College
Attn: Dual Enrollment Office
721 Bryan Drive Box 7657
Dayton, TN 37321

Where do I get information about financial aid? 

As a part-time, non-degree seeking student you will not be eligible for financial aid.

What are the minimum hardware/software requirements for an online course? 

A Web-Cam is not required for these courses. Dial-up is not allowed.


  • Pentium II, 64 MB RAM
  • Windows 95 or later
  • Internet Connection (56kps or higher recommended)
  • Web browser (Internet Explorer 5.5+ or Netscape Communicator 7.0)  Plug-ins as required by the professors. 
  • Word Processor (Microsoft Word required)
  • Virus Protection (strongly recommended)


  • Apple Power Macintosh computer, 64MB RAM
  • MAC OS X or later
  • Internet Connection (56kps or higher recommended)
  • Web browser (For Macs, Internet Explorer 5.2 Mac edition or Netscape Communicator 7.0 edition)
  • Word Processor (Microsoft Word required)
  • Virus Protection (strongly recommended)

What is the time frame that I am required to log into my course(s)? 

The Bryan College Online Attendance/Automatic Drop Policy is as follows: Students who do not notify the college appropriately (as outlined below) and who do not log in to their course(s) during the first official week and who have NOT previously notified the professor of their absence will be automatically dropped from the course . There is a $100 administrative fee that will be assessed.

How do I drop an online course?

There is only ONE WAY for you to drop: You must officially notify the Registrar in writing via email at . You will be granted a full tuition refund (less a $50 administrative fee per course), if you drop the course by the end of the first week. You will be granted 50% tuition refund if you withdraw from the course during the second week.  A tuition refund will not be granted for a course from which you withdraw after the second week.  A week is defined as beginning on Monday and ending on Friday. 

Last time to withdraw or drop (Academic):

For each session, the last opportunity to withdraw from the course with a "W" is at the end of the fifth week of the session.  Following that time you will receive a final grade for the course (whether you choose to finish the course or not).  There is not a financial refund of any kind after the second week of the course.   Note : If you have used the Tennessee Dual Enrollment Grant and drop a course after the fifth week of the session, you will lose eligibility if your GPA falls below 2.75 for this attempt..

What if I get halfway through the course and don’t finish it? Will I lose my money?

Yes. See drop policy above. Also, following the fifth week of the course you will receive a final grade whether you complete the work or not.

How do I get technical help if I have problems with my online course?

Contact the Bryan College IT Services Helpdesk at 1.423.775.7333 or email

How do I get technical help if I have problems with my Bryan email or e-Student account?

Contact the Dual Enrollment Office at 423.775.7558 or .  

Where do I view my final grade?

You may view your final grade using your eStudent account. 

I am a high school graduate; may I apply?

Yes, high school graduates may register for dual enrollment courses; however, the dual enrollment tuition rate does not apply to high school graduates. The tuition cost for high school graduates is set at the traditional undergraduate tuition rate of $285 per credit.

I am a student at another college. Will my online course transfer back to my home institution?

Bryan College is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and operates on the semester system. You should check with your home institution before registering at Bryan to ensure that the course will be accepted for transfer.

How do I request a transcript?

Once the grade has been posted you may submit a transcript request via the web with a credit card or by mail to the Registrar’s Office of Bryan College. See the transcript request page for complete information.

I’m interested in attending the traditional, on-campus program of Bryan College–who can I talk to?

You may call the Admissions Office at 1.800.277.9522 or email . If you are a registered dual enrollment student, you may also complete an application for the traditional program at Bryan College by clicking "My Account" in your eStudent portal.