Dr. Kenneth TurnerProfessor of Bible
Office Phone: 423.775.7268
- Ph.D. - The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary - December, 2005
- Foreign Studies - Jerusalem University College - Summer, 2000
- M.Div. - The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary - 1999
- B.A.E. - Physics & Math Education, Arizona State University, 1995
- The Death of Deaths in the Death of Israel: Deuteronomy’s Theology of Exile. Eugene, OR: Wipf & Stock, 2011.
- Jason S. DeRouchie, Jason Gile, and Kenneth J. Turner, eds. For Our Good Always: Studies on the Message and Influence of Deuteronomy. Eisenbrauns, 2013.
- “Teaching Origins in a Christian Context: Charity and Unity in Spite of Disagreement” (with Brian E. Eisenback). Journal for Core Academy of Science. (Accepted; to be published in the journal’s first edition in January 2014.)
- “Deuteronomy’s Theology of Exile.” In For Our Good Always: Studies on the Message and Influence of Deuteronomy, ed. Jason S. DeRouchie, Jason Gile, and Kenneth J. Turner. Eisenbrauns, 2013.
- “Teaching Genesis 1 at a Christian College.” In Reading Genesis 1-2: An Evangelical Conversation, ed. J. Daryl Charles. Pp. 187–205. Hendrickson, 2013.
- “Exodus.” In What the Old Testament Authors Really Cared About, ed. Jason S. DeRouchie. Pp. 80-101. Kregel, 2013.
- “The Kind-ness of God: A Theological Reflection of Mîn, ‘Kind’.” In Genesis Kinds: Creationism and the Origin of Species, eds. Todd C. Wood and Paul A. Garner. Center for Origins Research in Creation. Eugene, OR: Wipf & Stock, 2009. Pp. 31-64.
- Review of Robert Plummer’s 40 Questions About Interpreting the Bible in the Journal of Evangelical Theological Society. Fall 2011 (pp. 374-76).
- Block, Daniel I., and Kenneth J. Turner. Building an Old Testament Library. 2nd ed. Louisville: The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, 2003.
- “A Study of Articulation in the Greek Ruth.” Bulletin for the International Organization of Septuagint and Cognate Studies 34 (2001): 95-114.
- (in progress) Review of John Currid's Against the Gods: The Polemical Theology of the Old Testament (Crossway, 2013) for Journal of Baptist Studies (April 2014)
- (in progress) Habakkuk. For new Zondervan series, Hearing the Message of Scripture Commentary Series, gen. ed. Daniel I. Block. Due 2015.
- (in progress) Brian Eisenback and Kenneth J. Turner, Back to the Beginning: Educating Students and Parents about Evolution, Genesis, and Coexistence. Project through grant from The Biologos Foundation. Due 2015.
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Institute for Biblical Research
- Society of Biblical Literature
- The American Scientific Affiliation