Resources: Undergraduate Students
We encourage you to use the tutoring, study helps, and writing and research services available in the Academic Support Center located on the Library's first floor. For more information, click here.
BCInternet is available in the Library and is designed to require minimal to zero configuration to access. Wireless network cards typically detect the wireless network automatically. If you wish to connect to BCInternet, enable your wireless network card, connect to the available network, register your wireless device, follow the on-screen instructions, and you should be able to access the Internet. If your wireless connection is not working, check here for more help.
- For quick access to style guidelines, see Guides to Cite It (Turabian, APA, MLA, Chicago) or Citing Sources. The OWL (Online Writing Lab) from Purdue University offers online handouts covering writing, research, grammar, and MLA and APA style.
- For help with properly citing research sources, try EasyBib. You can enter citation elements (title, date, author, etc.) and have them formatted into MLA style for free. APA and Chicago style formatting require a subscription. Citation Builder creates citations for you in APA, MLA, and Chicago CBE/CSE formats. KnightCite is an online citation generator (using APA, MLA, or Chicago style) that allows you to register for a free account so you can save your work.
- Video Tutorials on Citation in Popular Styles
- Disclaimer: Those who choose to use citation generators or free citation services are responsible to ensure that the citations rendered are accurate according to the style manual.
If you need research assistance, ask for help at the Circulation Desk, or use this contact information to request an appointment:
- Lavonne Johnson, M.L.S., Public Services and Interlibrary Loan Librarian; email@example.com; 423.775.7228
- Seth Allen, M.L.I.S., Outreach Librarian; firstname.lastname@example.org; 423.775.7430