Robinson Residence HallRobinson Residence Hall opened in August 2006 and provides a home away from home for 120 women. At four floors high, and the only residence hall boasting an elevator, it offers the traditional floor plan with community bathrooms on each floor and two women to a room. Amenities include public lounges, kitchen, laundry facilities, and computer lab. Each room has wireless internet access and is equipped with modular, moveable furniture and can be individually climate controlled.
Robinson was built using modular construction, a recent development in the construction of large buildings. Pre-built concrete panels were trucked in and set in place using large cranes. Each panel is solid poured, reinforced concrete; and the exterior brick was preset into the panels. Because of the type of construction used, the time required for building was much shorter than if it had been built using conventional construction methods.
The dorm was named in honor of Dayton businessman F. E. Robinson, a member of the 1925 National Campaign Committee whose goal was to raise funds for the construction and endowment of a university to honor William Jennings Bryan. Mr. Robinson was also the president of the Bryan Memorial University Association and was, along with many others, an incorporator and founder of William Jennings Bryan Memorial University when it first opened its doors on September 30, 1930.