Part-Time Adjunct Faculty: Spanish Instructor
Reports To: Chair of Department of Languages & Linguistics
Compensation: Part-time adjunct pay, commensurate with qualifications
- Teach three to nine undergraduate hours per semester in Elementary and/or Intermediate college Spanish, as needed by the Department
- Fulfill standard responsibilities related to class planning and assessment, following syllabi and guidelines provided by the Department
- Minimum 18 credit hours in Spanish from a regionally accredited college or university; Master’s degree in Spanish language, linguistics, or literature preferred
- Experience with classroom instruction, with a balanced approach to teaching grammar and developing communicative competence; one year or more experience teaching Spanish at the college level preferred
- High proficiency in reading, writing, speaking, listening, and grammar in both English and Spanish
- Have personal faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and be committed to serving Him and His church.
- Endorse without reservation the Bryan statement of belief, mission, standards of conduct, and educational philosophy.