From the Bryan College Library Policy Manual:The BCL strives to offer equivalent library resources and services to all its academic constituents. In keeping with this policy, Bryan distance students may check out circulating physical items (print books, DVDs, etc.) by requesting that the items be sent to them by mail, much like interlibrary loan items. Eligibility is based on whether the constituent has reasonable access to these resources by coming to the library in person. The person must be a current student or faculty member, have no current classes which meet on the main campus and must be living at least 25 miles away from the Dayton campus.
The periods for different types of items are:
DVDs: 14 days
Books and all other items: 28 days
- The patron may call in or email a request to the library for any circulating item appearing in the BCL online catalog.
- If the item is available for checkout it will be mailed to the current address for the patron as it appears in the library system from the College administration system. Patrons must keep their address updated with the Registrar’s office in order to use this service.
- The loan period begins on the day the item is mailed and items not received back by the end of the loan period will be considered overdue with all applicable fines and fees accruing.
- A total of 10 items may be borrowed by mail at a time including up to 2 DVDs.
- Items checked out by mail are not renewable.
- The library recommends return shipment by UPS.