Department: IT Services
Location: Dayton Campus
Reports To: James Sullivan, IT Network Administrator/Department Manager
Compensation: Hourly with benefits
Full-time position; deployment and maintenance of all college-owned computers, peripherals, phones, network cabling, and other supported technologies. i.e., the portions of the technology infrastructure that can be physically handled.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate with members of IT Services and other departments as appropriate to schedule tasks that involve or affect other people.
- Pulling and terminating cable including speaker wire, security system wiring, currently-available standards of Ethernet cable, telephone cable up to 200 pairs, and multimode fiber optic cable up to 12 pairs.
- Physical assembly, installation, and maintenance (disassembly, inspection, diagnosis, repair, cleaning, and/or replacement) of all supported technology equipment at the college including, but not limited to: computers (including components and peripherals), printers, LCD/DLP projectors, overhead projectors, audio equipment, physical components and wiring of the access-control system and cameras, wireless access points, and network switches.
- Organization of: parts room, cabling closet, workbench, spare equipment shelf, incoming and outgoing equipment, and equipment for disposal.
- Directly supervises 2 – 4 student workers per semester and 1 or 2 part-time workers during the summer.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three months related experience.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S. or B.A.) from four year college or university and one to two years related experience, preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team, and a flexible attitude. This requires a strong work ethic to be successful
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be committed to serving Him and His church.
- Endorse without reservation the Bryan statement of belief, mission, standards of conduct, and educational philosophy.
Complete the online application and attach your résumé.