Location: Mercer Hall
Reports To: Aaron Porter, Director of Admissions
Compensation: Full-time with Benefits
The Enrollment Counselor is responsible for all aspects of contacting, counseling, and encouraging prospective students and applicants to make informed decisions about enrolling at Bryan College while mentoring support staff and meeting overall enrollment goals. This position reports to the Director of Admissions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, organize, and conduct recruitment travel.
- Successfully encourage and gather completed contact cards during through high school, church, and college fair visits.
- Call prospective students and applicants to encourage campus visits, discuss financial aid, and complete application file. Maintain appropriate follow-up with these students regarding the status of their application for admission and financial aid.
- Award merit-based money to qualified students.
- Work all on-campus admission related events.
- Attend and present for award ceremonies.
- Initiate personal contact with prospects through telephone calls, electronic mail, letter/postcard follow-up visits.
- Facilitate communication and develop recruitment support from alumni, teachers, counselors and other constituents.
- Evaluate recruitment strategies and recommend improvements.
- Develop professional knowledge and skills to increase personal effectiveness.
- Gather and coordinate pertinent information from various campus departments.
- Mentor and manage the student workers for assigned territory.
- Conduct individual interviews with students, as well as information sessions for large groups and visit days.
- Conduct campus tours for individual visits, large groups and visit days.
Qualifications for the position include a Bachelor’s Degree, effective oral and written communication skills, an outgoing personality, the ability to work independently and as part of a team, a flexible attitude, and a willingness to work frequent evenings and weekends. This is a comprehensive position and requires a strong work ethic to be successful. Basic knowledge of computers and a good driving record are also required.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be committed to serving Him and His church.
- Endorse without reservation the Bryan statement of belief, mission, standards of conduct, and educational philosophy.
Please fill out the online application and attach your résumé.