Bryan awards 182 degrees at commencement
May 13, 2014
One hundred eighty-two students received their well-earned degrees this year at Bryan College’s 88th commencement ceremonies on May 10.
Among the awards presented at commencement were –
- Professor Emeritus: Dr. Sigrid Luther and Dr. Marty Hartzell
- P.A. Boyd Prizes: Joseph Murphy and Allison Baker
- Highest Scholastic Record: Rachel Miller Hoffman (degree conferred in December), Rebecca Bodine, and Clarissa Stewart
- Most Progress: Brian Penny
- Faithfulness and Loyalty Award: Chloe Pool
Dr. Sandy Zensen '02H, who spoke to those graduating from the School of Adult and Graduate Studies, told them to “Start a Kingdom revolution everywhere God places you; get in the fight! Be tenacious – determined not to quit. Be connected – stand shoulder-to-shoulder – you can't go it alone. Be militant –fight the good fight.”
During his own address to the Class of 2014 (School of Arts and Sciences), graduating senior Luke Fox observed, “The Class of 2014 is full of individuals who have put everything that they have into the betterment of this school and this class” – leaders who are “strong in character and love.” He asked them to remember to be true to who God created them to be and to put on the love of Christ, which “enables and strengthens your pursuit of truth.”
Written by Chloe Ann Nardone ’13, assistant director of marketing, 423.775.7206; email@example.com.