Financial Aid FAQs

  1.  What type of financial aid is available at Bryan College?
We offer various types of financial aid such as
·         Federal and state aid
·         Campus employment
·         Student loans
·         Parent loans
·         It is also wise to apply for outside scholarships.  We have created a webpage for outside scholarships. Several of our current students have received outside scholarships from these sources. 
  1. How can we get a financial aid estimate for our student?
      Complete our online financial aid estimator.
  1. How do we apply for financial aid?
b.      Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The FAFSA must be submitted each year to determine eligibility for need-based grants, work and loans. Submit it prior to January 31 for priority consideration.  The forms will require you to fill in Bryan’s Federal School Code; use 003536.
  1. Is there a deadline for applying for financial aid?
January 31 is the priority deadline to complete the FAFSA for consideration of certain types of state and institutional aid.
  1. When should we complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)?
The earliest a student can submit the FAFSA is January 1. The FAFSA will ask for information from your income tax return. You may use the previous year’s tax return or information from your check stubs to estimate your income. If you estimate your income, you will be required to go back into the FAFSA and make the necessary corrections after you complete your current year’s tax return.
  1. After the financial aid file is complete, how will we know what financial aid is available for our student?
If your student is accepted for admission, then he/she will receive a financial aid award letter at your home address starting in early March. This letter will detail the different types of scholarships, grants, work and/or loans that your student will receive.
  1. When should our student apply for a student loan?
·         If your student is awarded a Stafford Loan, then the MPN (Master Promissory Note) and entrance counseling should be completed before the student arrives on campus.  
·         If your student is awarded a Perkins Loan, the Business Office will send a notice to his/her campus mailbox to report to the office to sign the Perkins MPN and complete the entrance counseling.
  1. When should we apply for a parent loan?
After your student receives the financial aid award letter (see Question 6), you can apply for the PLUS (Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students) Loan before your student arrives on campus.   
  1. Are campus employment earnings (if awarded) applied to the student’s Business Office account?
No, payroll checks are distributed every three or four weeks through campus mail and the money may be used for personal expenses or toward charges for next semester. The payment schedule and time sheets can be obtained in the Business Office. 
  1. Is there a monthly payment plan?
Yes, we offer a monthly payment plan which provides the option of paying the college costs, not covered by financial aid, in monthly installments.