Student Records Policy (FERPA)
Bryan College maintains appropriate educational records for each student and assures the confidentiality of such records in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974. The complete policy is available in our Academic Catalog.
Student records are confidential and will be released to persons outside the college only upon the written request of the student. For example, see Student Waiver to Release Education Records (non-financial) to Parents.
Bryan College protects the privacy of its students in compliance with FERPA regulations. Items listed as “directory information” are generally considered open to public inquiry. The following items are considered directory information:
- Student Name
- Campus Address (including e-mail address)
- Hometown and home state
- Telephone listing
- Dates of Attendance
- Major field of study
- Degrees and awards received
- Date and place of birth
- Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
- Height and weight of athletic team members
- Most recent previous educational institution attended