The following is the suggested repertoire for scholarship auditions:
At least 3 of the following (preferably memorized):
- Baroque selection
- Sonata Movement
- Romantic selection
- Impressionistic or contemporary selection
(You may be asked to do some sight reading and technique such as scales.)
- One art song in Italian, German, or French, or a sacred art song such as “The Lord’s Prayer” or “Eternal Life” by Dungen.
- One of a more informal type such as a gospel song, contemporary Christian, or show tune.
- One or two solos which demonstrate technique (range, tone, facility, interpretation); may choose from sacred, etude, solo/ensemble contest piece, or standard literature.
- Some sight-reading may be asked.