Philosophy of Academics
The academic programs at Bryan are designed knowing that:
- A Christian worldview is the best foundation for the engagement of faith, learning, and living;
- God is the author of truth;
- He has revealed himself to us through the Bible and Jesus Christ;
- It is His will for all people to come to a knowledge of the truth; and
- A well-rounded education with emphasis on the mental, spiritual, social, and physical aspects of life will lead to the balanced development of the whole person.
In keeping with the Bryan motto, "Christ above all," faculty and students are encouraged to acknowledge dependence on Him for excellence in both the life of the mind and the life of the spirit. Biblical principles and a Christian worldview are used as the foundation for the communication of ideas and concepts in the classroom.
A state-of-the-art library was opened in 2001, and makes available more than 145,000 volumes, including 60,000 e-books, plus more than 10,000 online journals. These digital resources enable students to view books, indexes, and full-text journal articles anywhere on- or off-campus via the Internet.