Mr. William J. Harle, Jr.Dean, School of Adult & Graduate Studies and External Programs
Assistant Professor of English
- Ph.D. coursework, English, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- M.A. English, Rhetoric, New Mexico State University
- B.A. English, Rollins College, Winter Park, Florida
- Association of Teachers of Technical Writing
- Christian Educators in TESOL Caucus
- International Writing Center Association
- Harle, Jr., William (2009). Sharpening The Whalebone Of Change: Transforming Traditional Intellectualism Through Organic Writing Center Practice. Paper presented at the annual Southeastern Writing Center Association conference, Greensboro, NC.
- Pascucci, M., Harle, Jr., W., & Abernathy, H. (2009). Una Comunidad Para La Composicion Y La Colaboracion En El Aprendizaje Del Espanol. Collaborative presentation at the annual American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese. Albuquerque, NM.
- Harle, Jr., William. (2005). Negotiating Borders: Exploring Real and Imagined Borders of Conflict through Composition. Paper presented at the annual Kroc Institute of International Peace Studies, Notre Dame University.
- Harle, Jr., William. (2005). Two Errors Don't Make One Write: Responding to Second-Language Composition from Varied English Genres. Paper presented at the Rhetoric Symposium, Texas A&M, Commerce.
- Harle, Jr., William. (2004) Ensuring a Seat at the Table: Considering Response and Revision in Second-Language Writing. Paper presented at the Bi-annual Symposium of Second-language Writing, Purdue University.
- Clason, S., Eyerman, A., McNamara, K., & Harle, W. (2004). Paideia 7: Gateways to English 111 Rhetoric and Composition. Boston: Houghton Mifflin.
Topics of Expertise
- Applied Linguistics
- Composition and Writing Center Theory
- Contrastive and Intercultural Rhetorics
- Professional and Technical Communication
- Second-Language Writing