K-12 Award Point SystemOur goal is to help broaden a student’s overall enjoyment and knowledge of music. We use a point system to encourage and reward good habits of our growing musicians in grades K-12. Several awards will be presented at the Spring Recital for those students who earn the most points. Points can be earned as follows, and are tracked on an individual student chart.
- PRACTICE 20 points per week for reaching weekly goal set by teacher.
- LISTENING What a student hears will have an immense impact on how he or she performs. To encourage parents and students to make music a part of their home and lives, we’ve adopted a listening list for the 2012/2013 contest. Points will be granted as indicated in the PDF. Click here to access the PDF.
- WRITTEN REPORT 5 points per teacher-approved report, researching a musical period, style, or composer.
- PUBLIC PERFORMANCE 10 points per performance: Music is something we share with others. We encourage our students to perform publicly at church, school and other social functions. Confidence will blossom as one takes advantage of various performing opportunities. Points will also be earned for BCCMS recitals and the Rhea Arts Festival, as described in those sections of our brochure.
- RHEA ARTS FFESTIVAL: In the spring, we co-sponsor a Community Music Festival in cooperation with the Rhea Arts Council. This event is an excellent performing opportunity for students in grades K-12. Each student receives an evaluation on a program of variable length. Students that participate in the Rhea Arts Festival receive 25 contest points.
- PEFORMING ARTS ATTENDANCE 10 points per concert: Points are awarded by showing a program to your teacher as a record of your attendance at each concert. We encourage our students to enrich their cultural experience through attending various programs of the performing arts. The Fine Arts Concert Series at Bryan College is a great place to start. All performances are free with the exception of those noted below. These concerts take place in Rudd Auditorium at 7:30 pm unless otherwise noted. Dates are listed below: