Cross Country Camp to be held at Fort Bluff Camp
June 03, 2010
The July 19-23 Bryan College Cross County Camp will be held at Fort Bluff Camp, atop Dayton Mountain seven miles from the Bryan campus. Campers will stay in the air-conditioned Brown Deer Lodge. Newly completed in 2008, the Lodge can accommodate over 250 people and blends modern comforts with a rugged log cabin atmosphere. Campers will enjoy exploring the 68 acres at Fort Bluff and training on the Bryan campus. Runs will also take place on the soft shady trails of the Cumberland Plateau.
The focus of the camp is to provide appropriate training, based on the individual’s current fitness level, as well as group and individual instruction that will lead to new levels of success. Sessions will include hands-on learning with core, drills, mechanics, warm-up routines, flexibility, strength and circuit training, hurdling, and talks on how to “win” a workout. The athletes will receive handouts that will help them understand the importance of sleep and nutrition as well as hear from motivational speakers.
Additional activities throughout their stay will include miniature golf, 250-foot water slide, olympic-sized swimming pool, The Blob and Iceberg at the lake, beach volleyball, ultimate frisbee, disc golf, and much more.
Educational sessions for coaches will include topics such as training theory, yearly planning, structuring individual progression, impacting your athletes with a train-to-race approach, and pre-meet preparation.
Camp Registration Details
- Download Registration Form (located on page 3 of document)
Choose payment option:
- $250 for Residential Camper (Includes three meals a day, housing, activities and Nike camp shirt)
- $200 for Coaches (Includes three meals a day, housing and Nike camp shirt)
- Camper Discount – Teams with 5 or more campers from same school: receive a $25 discount
- Coach Discount – Teams with 8 or more campers from same school: coaches stay free
- $50 non-refundable deposit due July 9, 2010 – Remaining balance due when you arrive at camp
- Make checks payable to Fort Bluff Camp.
- Mail checks and registration forms to
Bryan College Box 7803
721 Bryan Drive
Dayton, TN 37321