As a military member, veteran, or immediate family member, you have the opportunity to earn your bachelor's degree or master's degree from Bryan College and receive a $1000 scholarship through our Adult Education program (associate program not applicable). This convenient, online format will allow you to continue your education no matter where life may take you. Bryan College's Coordinator of Military Recruitment will assist in making sure your service is identified and will guide you through the application process.
Military & Veteran Services
- Request your official military education transcript be sent to Bryan College at the JST website or Community College of the Air Force website.
- Provide the Bryan Admissions team with a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the VA.
- If chapter 1606, 1607, or 30, you must verify your attendance at the end of each month by calling 1.877.823.2378 or on the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) website.
- Active Duty
- National Guard (Army)
- National Guard (Air)
- Immediate Family
The category of benefits you may receive will depend upon when you served, your length of service, and other factors. You must be admitted to the college in a degree or certificate-seeking program to receive benefits. Assistance, including tuition & fees, books, supplies, and housing stipend, depends upon your Letter of Eligibility rating from the VA.
To see an overview of available education programs, visit the GI Bill website.
To ask VA a question, log on to e-benefits, see frequently asked questions, and explore in more detail the VA GI Bill benefits, visit the Veteran's Education website.
The Helping Heroes Grant does not count against your GI Bill benefits. The grant is available each year to as many as 375 eligible veterans on a first-come, first-serve basis and will award $1,000 to students completing at least twelve (12) semester hours each term. Applicants need to have been awarded The Iraq Campaign Medal, The Afghanistan Campaign Medal, or The Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal. For further eligibility requirements and information, visit the Tennessee Government website.
Contact: CMSgt Michael Kennedy, USAF (Ret), Coordinator of Military Recruitment, 423.664.9941, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helping Heroes General Information, Grant Information
- Eligible Veterans classified as out-of-state students will pay same rate as in-state tuition and fees in there is no differentiation.
- Eligibility for Deferment of Payment of Tuition and Fees – Deferment forms are available at all campus locations and a new form must be completed for each term. No deferments will be processed after the first day of class.
- Apply for a Bryan College Patriot Partnership Scholarship