Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply for financial aid?
  • Apply for admission to the Adult and Graduate Studies program of your choice:
    1. Bachelor's Degree (DCP - Degree Completion Program): Onsite »  |  Online »
    2. Master's Degree in Business Administration:  Onsite »  |   Online »
    3. Master's Degree in Christian Studies »
  • Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The FAFSA must be submitted each year to determine eligibility for need-based grants and loans. Federal school code: 003536
 What type of financial aid is available at Bryan College?
  • Federal Pell Grant.  The Federal Pell Grant provides a foundation for financial assistance.  Eligibility is determined through the FAFSA need-analysis process.
  • Tennessee Student Assistance Award (TSAA).  The TSAA is provided by the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation to Tennessee residents who meet eligibility criteria and who demonstrate financial need based on Federal Pell Grant eligibility.  The FASFA serves as the application for the TSAA and contains state-related questions which must be answered to determine eligibility.
  • Veterans' Benefits.  Eligibility for these benefits is determined by the Department of Veterans' Affairs.  Potentially eligible students should contact their local Veterans' Affairs representative.  The regional office that serves this area (the Central Region) is in St. Louis.  The address is:
    Department of Veteran's Affairs
    P.O. Box 66830
    St. Louis, MO 63166-6830.
    Notice: it takes a minimum of 90 days to complete the enrollment process with the Department of Veterans' Affairs.  The Office of the Registrar will facilitate the process by certifying the student's enrollment.
  • Employee Reimbursement Program.  Contact your company's human resource office to investigate this source of financial assistance.  
  • Federal Stafford Loan (Subsidized).  This is a need-based student loan. Maximum annual loan amount is $4,500 for sophomores and $5,500 for juniors and seniors.  No interest accrues and no payments are required as long as the student is enrolled at least half-time.  Repayment begins six months after student ceases to be enrolled at least half-time.  Minimum monthly payment is $50, but may be more depending on the total amount borrowed.
  • Federal Stafford Loan (Unsubsidized).  Same as the subsidized Federal Stafford Loan, except this is a non-need-based loan and interest accrues while the student is enrolled in the Aspire program. Maximum annual loan amount is $6,000 for sophomores and $7,000 for juniors and seniors.
 When should I complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)?
The earliest you can submit the FAFSA is January 1. The FAFSA will ask for information from your (and if you are married your spouse’s) income tax return. You may use the previous year’s tax return or information from your check stubs to estimate your income. If you estimate your income, please go back into the FAFSA and make the necessary corrections after completing the current year’s tax return.
What is verification?
When you complete the FAFSA, there is the possibility that your FAFSA could be selected for a process called verification. Thirty percent of all FAFSA applications are selected. You are required to submit your (and if you are married your spouse’s) income tax return and W-2’s. We will also need a verification worksheet completed which we will send you by email. 
After my financial aid file is complete, how will I know what types of financial aid I qualify to receive?
If you are accepted for admission, then you will receive a financial aid award letter at your home address, by email or during the orientation session.
When should I apply for a student loan?
If you are awarded a Stafford Loan, then the MPN (Master Promissory Note) and entrance counseling should be completed before your classes start.
When will I receive my refund check?
Grants or loans are typically disbursed to the school on the first class day of your second module. If you have a credit balance (refund) on your account, you can call the Business Office at 423.775.7214 and request a check be mailed to you after the money has been disbursed.
How do I access my financial aid awards online?
Click here and enter your eStudent ID, password and term. Select “Awards” (you will find this under “Billing/Financial Aid” on the left hand side of the screen). Your financial aid will display for the term you selected.