Meet the Math Consultants
Instructions for Making an Appointment
- To make an appointment with a tutor, simply email him or her directly with your questions. Tutor email addresses are below.
- Give your tutor a description and draft of your paper or assignment.
- Specify whether you want help just through email or through an online meeting. Your tutor will give you more information about how to set up an online meeting.
- Expect a response from your tutor within about 24 hours. Your tutor may request additional information from you before he or she is able to answer your question.
I am a math teacher at Austin East High school. I received my B.S. in Engineering Science with a concentration in Biomedical Engineering. I received my M.S. in Math Education. I love to teach and tutor Geometry and Trigonometry. I am capable of doing all math. A fun fact about me is that I perform spoken word poetry and slam poetry on a regular basis. Click here to email Rhea!
Rhea is usually available for consultations:
- Mondays -Thursdays, 8 p.m.- midnight
Bridget JonesI am a junior working towards getting a Bachelor of Science in mathematics. I was a chemistry major for awhile, and still have a passion for chemistry; however, I feel that I am better suited for math. My favorite subjects are math, chemistry, and German. I am most interested in tutoring Calculus I, Calculus III, or Differential Equations. I can also tutor Pre-Calculus and Calculus II. An interesting fact about me is that I love platypuses. Click here to email Bridget!
Bridget is usually available for consultations:
- Mondays 1-4 p.m.
- Tuesdays 10 a.m.-2 p.m. and after 4 p.m.
- Wednesdays 1-4 p.m. and after 6 p.m.
- Thursdays 10 a.m.-2 p.m. and after 4 p.m.
- Fridays after 1 p.m.
- Saturdays after noon
Julie SteimerI graduated from William Jewell College in 1989. Since then I have tutored and taught math in public schools, private schools, and homeschools. Most recently I have taught at Christian Academy of Knoxville. I have tutored/taught pre-calculus down through middle school math. Algebra(s), Geometry and Trig are probably my “specialties”. My favorite thing about tutoring and teaching is when a student has an “aha” moment. A fun fact about me is that I have 6 kids. They range in age from 3 to 21. Four are biological and 2 are adopted. Our sixth child is currently in Ethiopia but we anticipate bringing him home in October of 2013! Click here to email Julie!
Julie is usually available for consultations:
- Mondays after 6 p.m.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays occasional mornings and after 9 p.m.
- Flexible times Friday-Sunday
- Daytime meetings available by appointment