Bryan College Community Youth Choir (BCCYC)
BCCYC is made up of auditioned teens in grades 9 - 12. Directed by Mrs. Sally Powell, they appear in concert throughout the school year. The group also performs at local community events such as the Dayton Holiday Stroll and the Horse and Buggy Parade, where they were awarded the "Best Caroling Entry" in 2011.
- Rehearsals are held Wednesdays, 5:00 - 6:30 p.m. in the Chorale Room, lower level - Rudd Auditorium.
- Fee = $25 per semester, plus a one-time uniform fee.
- Auditions for new members will be held Wednesday, January 9, 2013, at 4 p.m. Alternate audition times can be arranged by contacting the director.
Adoramus Te, by Giovanni P. da Palestrina, is performed by the Bryan College
Community Youth Choir, under the direction of Mrs. Sally Powell,
at the Voices Uplifted spring 2011 music concert.
Schedule for 2012-2013
- Aug. 29, 4 p.m.: Auditions
- Sep. 8, 1 to 9 p.m.: Retreat at Cumberland Springs Bible Camp
- Nov. 8, 5 p.m.: Dayton Holiday Stroll
- Nov. 30, 7:30 p.m.: Christmas Concert, Westminster Presbyterian Church, Dayton
- Dec. 1, 3 p.m.: Dayton Horse and Buggy Parade
- Jan. 9, 4 p.m.: Auditions for new members
- Apr. 13, 7:30 p.m. Spring Concert, location TBD
- Apr. 17, End of year party and senior send-off
For More Information
- For more details about the BCCYC, please contact Sally Powell at 423.775.3725 or by e-mail.
- For more details about other community music programs, please visit these links: Bryan College Community Music School and Bryan College Community Children's Choir.