Bryan named 'College of Distinction'
July 29, 2013
Colleges of Distinction™ is a web-based guide for high school juniors and seniors seeking a school that is nationally recognized and highly recommended by professionals in the field of education. Colleges and universities are nominated for participation by high school counselors and then evaluated using qualitative and quantitative research. Schools selected must excel in the Four Distinctions: engaged students, great teaching, vibrant communities and successful outcomes. The colleges and universities are not ranked and instead are members of a consortium of other equally impressive schools.
“We focus on colleges that are the best places to learn, grow and succeed,” said Tyson Schritter, executive editor of Colleges of Distinction. “Schools designated as Colleges of Distinction create well-rounded graduates and are among the very best in the country.”
According to their website, a College of Distinction possesses the following characteristics:
- Nationally recognized by education professionals as an excellent school
- Strongly focused on teaching undergraduates
- Home to a wide variety of innovative learning experiences
- An active campus with many opportunities for personal development
- Highly valued by graduate schools and employers for its outstanding preparation