Our Exercise & Health Science (EHS) major will assist and enable you to pursue careers in health, fitness, and sports professions.
The EHS major will help fulfill your curiosity about how the human body works; how to keep the body working as efficiently as possible; how to prevent, care for, and rehabilitate the body when it is not functioning properly; and how to pass on the information obtained to those around us. Current, fun, hands-on, practical information has helped make the EHS major one of our most popular majors.
We will provide you with current information to help you make informed choices concerning your body and general health. We desire to see you use godly principles to help guide you through those choices, while basing all the information that we provide upon those godly principles.
We strive to give the best instruction possible using quality equipment. We promise to help prepare you for future careers in the Exercise & Health Science field and to do so to the best of our ability.
Pre-Therapy/Allied Health Option
The EHS Pre-Therapy/Allied Health option is a challenging program designed for students seeking careers in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Athletic Training, or similar fields. The Pre-Therapy/Allied Health option helps fulfill graduate school prerequisite requirements for students furthering their education within these career fields. Successful completion of this program will earn the student a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Exercise & Health Science and preparation for immediate entrance into post graduate studies.
This option assists you in the allied health, fitness, or sports professions. In some cases, additional education and/or certifications are required before beginning a professional career, but this program will prepare you for entrance into graduate school or to grain certification.
Physical Education: K-12 Licensure Option
The “Licensure” option is for you if you desire to teach Physical Education in the elementary and secondary school setting. “Licensure” candidates work with our Education department to fulfill the qualifications for a professional teaching license.
- Exercise and Health Science
- Athletic Director
- Personal Trainer
- Fitness Center employee
- Fitness Counselor/Consultant
- Physical Education Teacher
- Recreation Employee/Director
- Physical Therapist/Occupational Therapist (requires additional degree)
Sampling of Classes
- Adapted Physical Education
- Care and Prevention of Athletic Injuries
- Exercise Leadership & Prescription
- Measurement and Evaluation in Physical Education
- Motor Learning
- Physiology of Exercise
- Sport Psychology
- Structural Kinesiology
- 27 different activity courses ranging from Archery to Water Safety
- Belmont University
- Georgia State University
- Medical College of Georgia
- Medical University of South Carolina
- University of Alabama – Birmingham
- University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill
- University of Tennessee – Chattanooga
- University of Tennessee – Knoxville
- Vanderbilt University
- Virginia Tech. University, School of Medicine