Location: Dayton, TN
Reports To: Department Chair, Biology
Exempt (Y/N): Y
Full-time Faculty Position in Biology
Bryan College seeks applications from persons interested in filling a position in the Biology Department to begin August 2018. The position requires teaching biological science courses at the college level and integrating these studies with a Biblical worldview. Successful candidates should have an earned doctorate and expertise in teaching one or more of the following: botany, zoology, ecology, human biology, or related fields in organismal biology. Rank/salary commensurate with education and experience.
- Teach 12 hours per semester with standard responsibilities related to committee work and student advising
- High Priority placed on individual student/teacher interaction and mentoring
- Teach biological science courses such as Ecology, Botany, Invertebrate Zoology, and Vertebrate Zoology at the college level, integrating a Biblical worldview
- Supervise student research
- Stay current in subject matter through professional development opportunities such as attending professional meetings, conferences, or workshops
- Work with department personnel on curriculum needs for biology majors
- Earned doctorate in a biology-related field
- Expertise in botanical and/or zoological subjects, preferably with field research experience
- Candidates at or near ABD standing in an accredited doctoral program will be considered for the position
Review our mission and standards of conduct, and then submit an application and include your vitae and a cover letter describing your interest, research interests, and qualification for the position. Applications will be accepted and reviewed immediately. Position will remain open until filled and is anticipated to begin in August 2018 contingent upon finances.