Frequently Asked Questions

What type of financial aid is available at Bryan College?

We offer various types of financial aid such as institutional scholarships and grants, federal and state aid campus employment student loans and parent loans. It is also wise to apply for outside scholarships and grants from FastWeb or sources like employers, civic organizations, churches and high schools.

How can I get a financial aid estimate?

Complete our online financial aid estimator.

How do I apply for financial aid?

  • Apply for admission to Bryan College.
  • Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The FAFSA must be submitted each year to determine eligibility for need-based grants, work and loans. Submit it prior to January 31 for priority consideration.  Federal School Code: 003536

Is there a deadline for applying for financial aid?

January 31 is the priority deadline to complete the FAFSA.

When should I complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)?

The earliest you can submit the FAFSA is January 1. The FAFSA will ask for information from your and your parents’ income tax returns. You may use the previous year’s tax return or information from your check stubs to estimate your income. If you estimate your income, please go back into the FAFSA and make the necessary corrections after completing the current year’s tax return.

After the financial aid file is complete, how will I know what financial aid is available for me?

If you are accepted for admission, then you will receive a financial aid award letter at your home address starting in early March. This letter will detail the different types of scholarships, grants, work and/or loans available.

When should I apply for a student loan?

If you are awarded a Stafford Loan, then the MPN (Master Promissory Note) and entrance counseling should be completed before you arrive on campus.  If you are awarded a Perkins Loan, the Business Office will send a notice to your campus mailbox to report to the office to sign the Perkins MPN and complete the entrance counseling.

When should my parents apply for a parent loan?

After you receive your financial aid award letter, one of your parents can apply for the PLUS (Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students) Loan before you arrive on campus.   

Are federal work study earnings (if awarded) applied to my Business Office account?

No, payroll checks are distributed every three or four weeks through campus mail and the money may be used for personal expenses or toward charges for next semester. The payment schedule and time sheets can be obtained in the Business Office. 

Is there a monthly payment plan?

Yes, we offer a monthly payment plan which provides the option of paying the college costs, not covered by financial aid, in monthly installments.