Mr. Daniel GleasonAssistant Professor of English
Assistant Director of Academic Support Center
- M.A. English Literary Study, University of Tennessee, Chattanooga
- B.A. English, Bryan College
- “’Not Gone or Vanished Either’: Memory and Imagination in the Novels of William Faulkner.” The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, 2010. Proquest.
Conferences and Workshop Presentations
- “Imagination and Memory in William Faulkner’s The Unvanquished.” Presented at Tennessee Philological Association Annual Meeting, 2010. Cleveland, TN.
- “The Sun Also Rises on the Legend of the Holy Grail: Grail Legend in Hemingway.” Presented at The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga’s Conference on Literature, 2009.
- “’The Notion of Some Infinitely Gentle Infinitely Suffering Thing’: Hope in the Pre-conversion Poetry of T.S. Eliot.” Presentation/discussion of senior thesis at Bryan College, 2005.
- Institute for Advanced Placement Composition in Association with the College Board. Atlanta, GA 2010.
Professional Service and Membership
- Tennessee Philological Association
- Sigma Tau Delta English Honors Society
- Signal Mountain Bible Church
Grants and Awards
- The Golden Acorn: Departmental Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2012.
- The William Jennings Bryan Philological Award for Excellence in the English Major, 2005.