Ensuring Improvement & Quality
Institutional Effectiveness Purpose
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness (IE) endeavors to enhance the efficacy of the institution through assessment and planning. The IE Office supports the mission of Bryan College by coordinating the planning and annual reporting of all departments of the institution while providing information and support to each department director. It is the job of the IE Office to provide statistical and informative documentation to the Bryan College constituency, and other public entities as necessary.
The assessment practices at Bryan, as evidenced in the Institutional Effectiveness & Planning Cycle, revolve around the college mission statement, working to ensure an institution wide, integrated process of continuous improvement.
- Association for the Assessment of Learning in Higher Education (AALHE)
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Professional Resources & Events
- Assessment Conferences & Events (NILOA)
- Assessment Resources from the Association of American Colleges & Universities
- Assessment Resources from NILOA (includes great information about writing learning outcomes, planning for assessment, and using assessment results)
- Assessment Resources from NC State University
- Assessment Resources from the University of Connecticut
- Assessment Listserv (AALHE)