Dr. Jeff MyersDistinguished Service Professor and Senior Fellow for Leadership Studies
President, Summit Ministries
Founder of Summit at Bryan College
Chapel Podcasts: 02.02.09 | 02.04.09 | 02.15.12 | 02.17.12
In the last 20 years Dr. Jeff Myers has become one of America’s most respected authorities on youth leadership development. Focus on the Family founder James Dobson referred to Jeff as “a very gifted and inspirational young leader.” Evangelist Josh McDowell called him “a man who is 100% sold out to preparing the next generation to reflect the character of Christ in the culture.”Best-selling author Tim LaHaye considers Jeff to be “a rare find” and Joel Belz, founder of World Magazine, says, “Some people bring competence to the challenges they take on; others bring passion. But Jeff Myers always brings both.”
As a communicator, Dr. Myers weaves together biblical insight, penetrating social commentary, fascinating research, and hilarious personal stories to motivate and challenge listeners. His inspiring presentations have delighted audiences of teachers, business leaders, parents, and young adults, renewing their enthusiasm for passing the baton of godly faithfulness.
Vocationally, Dr. Myers is president of Summit Ministries, a highly respected Colorado-based worldview training program that has trained thousands of leaders who are making a difference in politics, law, academic, medicine, science, and business.
Dr. Myers also serves as Distinguished Service Professor and Senior Fellow for Leadership Studies at Bryan College, where he has taught undergraduate and MBA leadership and communication courses for 14 years, and where he continues to teach online leadership courses in association with Bryan and CollegePlus.
In 2006, Dr. Myers, along with a small team of researchers, writers, and volunteer communicators from the business and education sectors, formed a non-profit organization called Passing the Baton International to turn the attention of Christians around the world to the urgency of preparing future leaders through life-on-life mentoring. To date more than 200,000 people in 1,500 schools, churches, non-profits and political groups have received intensive training in how to mentor, coach and disciple the rising generation. The boards of Passing the Baton and Summit have unanimously agreed to combine their efforts under Jeff’s leadership, and are excited about uniting the messages of biblical worldview, leadership and mentoring.
Most recently Jeff authored Cultivate: Forming the Emerging Generation through Life-on-Life Mentoring. In their foreword to the book, Josh and Sean McDowell said, “This generation is our treasure, and Cultivate is the treasure map.” Brad Voeller, CEO of CollegePlus said, “Cultivate is by far the most useful guide for those who are serious about mentoring the emerging generation.”
Jeff and his wife, Danielle, have been married for 17 years and live in Colorado with their four children.
- Ph.D. Human Communication Studies, University of Denver
- M.A. Speech, Baylor University
- B.A. Communication Studies/Political Science, Washburn University
- Of Knights and Fair Maidens: A Radical New Approach to a Very Old Way of Developing Relationships (Grace and Truth, 2009)
- Passing the Baton DVD Training Course (Passing the Baton International, 2009)
- Handoff: The Only Way to Win the Race of Life (Legacy Worldwide, 2008)
- Secrets of Everyday Leaders: Create Positive Change and Inspire Extraordinary Results (Broadman and Holman, 2006)
- Secrets of Great Communicators: Simple, Powerful Strategies for Reaching the Heart of Your Audience (Broadman and Holman, 2006)
- Secrets of the World Changers: How to Achieve Lasting Influence as a Leader (Broadman and Holman, 2006)
- For Such a Time as This: Becoming a Millennial Leader (Lifeway, 2000)
- From Playpen to Podium: How to Help Your Children Develop the Communication Skills They Need to Succeed (Noble, 1998)
- Understanding the Times Curriculum (Summit Ministries, 1993)
- Weekly "Get Ready to Lead" e-mail newsletter to 13,000 subscribers
Topics of Expertise
- Child communication
- Leadership coaching
- Political communication
- Youth leadership