Technology Support TechnicianDepartment: IT Services
Location: Dayton Campus
Reports To: James Sullivan, IT Network Administrator/Department Manager
Compensation: Hourly without benefits (20-29 hours per week)
Part-time position, primarily responsible for receiving and entering helpdesk requests into the IT Services tracking system. First level of technology support for account issues, technology questions, basic hardware & software issues and installations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide first level of tech support, especially for distance learning students after normal office hours.
- Receive and enter helpdesk requests into the ticket tracking system. Assign second level or higher issues to the appropriate technician.
- Make contact with other technicians regarding any tickets requiring time-sensitive action.
- Install approved and licensed software.
- Support end users of college software.
- Intermediate or better knowledge of the core MS Office products.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for the position include a high school diploma or general education degree (GED), one to three months of related experience, effective oral and written communication skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team, and a flexible attitude. This requires a strong work ethic to be successful. Ability to work evenings and weekends and basic knowledge of computers is required.
· Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be committed to serving Him and His church.
· Endorse without reservation the Bryan statement of belief, mission, standards of conduct, and educational philosophy.
Please fill out the online application and attach your résumé.