- D.M.A. – Piano Performance and Pedagogy, University of Oklahoma, 2016
- M.M. – Piano Performance, University of Tennessee Knoxville, 2011
- B.M. – Piano Performance, Carson-Newman College, 2009
Dr. Olivia Ellis
Assistant Professor of Music
Faculty Liaison: Bryan College Community Music School
Office: Rudd 302
- “Clara Schumann’s Character Pieces: A Pedagogical Approach to Selected Works.” DMA Document, University of Oklahoma, 2016.
- GP3 National Conference Report: “Teaching Tips Meet Lightning Talks,” *MTNA E-Journal* (November 2014).
- “The Problem of Mozart’s Concerti: Helping Students Find Appropriate Cadenzas, Clavier Companion(November/December 2012).
- Nationally Certified Teacher of Music, Music Teachers National Association
- Co-advisor, Chattanooga Area Collegiate Chapter of MTNA
- College faculty liaison, Bryan College Community Music School
- Suzuki Piano, certified in Books 1-4
Topics of Expertise
- Piano Performance
- Piano Pedagogy and Literature
- Music Theory
- Piano Music of Clara Wieck Schumann
- Intermediate Piano Works of Franz Liszt
- Intermediate Keyboard Works from Renaissance and Early Baroque Periods
- Piano Duet Music for Students