- D.P.A. Public Administration, Golden Gate University
- M.A. Management/Administration, Central Michigan University
- B.A. English, Virginia Military Institute
Dr. Ron Petitte
Dean, Honors Institute
Professor of Politics & Government
Director of the Center for Leadership and Justice
Office Phone: 423.775.7311
Curriculum Vitae >>
Academic Honors and Recognition
- Outstanding Teaching in Political Science: Joint Awards presented by the American Political Science Association, at their annual international conference and the National Political Science Honor Society, on August 29, 2009, in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Outstanding Teacher Award, “for creativity and innovation in the classroom,” presented by Bryan College on Honors day, April 25, 2007, in Dayton, Tennessee.
Civic Awards & Community Involvement
- George Washington Honor Medal, awarded by Freedoms Foundation, Valley Forge, Pennsylvania.
- The Ronald Reagan Republican Presidential Task Force, Medal of Merit.
- The Commandant of the Marine Corps’ Quality Citizen Recognition Award.
- Principle cast member, The Scopes Trial: “Inherit The Truth.”
Scholarly Contributions and Professional Associations
- The Oxford Round Table 2013: Presenter and Discussion Leader, Harris-Manchester College, Oxford University.
- The Oxford Round Table 2011: Presenter and Discussion Leader, Lincoln College, Oxford University.
- The Oxford Round Table 2008: Presenter and Discussion Leader, Pembroke College, Oxford University.
- American Political Science Association.
- American Society for Public Administration.
- Attenders & Alumni of the Hague Academy of International law.
- Midwest Political Science Association.
- Reserve Officers Association.
Additional Areas of Expertise
- Countering Human Trafficking: Spokesman in International and National Forums.
- Leadership: Doctoral Dissertation; U.S. Army Command & General Staff College Graduate.
- International Law and International Relations: Certificate from The Hague Academy Centre for Studies and Research in International Law & International Relations.
- International Relations: Diploma, The University of Vienna.