- Ph.D. Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- M.A. English Literary Study, University of Tennessee, Chattanooga
- B.A. English, Bryan College
Dr. Daniel Gleason
Associate Professor of English
Director, Center for Undergraduate Research
Faculty at Large, FLC
- “Time, Trauma, and Redemption in the Works of Tobias Wolff.” Conference paper at the Conference on Christianity and Literature, 2019.
- "Traumatized Masculinity: Men and Boys in the Works of Tobias Wolff." Indiana University of Pennsylvania, 2018. Proquest.
- “’Not Gone or Vanished Either’: Memory and Imagination in the Novels of William Faulkner.” The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, 2010. Proquest.
- "Patron Saint," "Faith," and "Suspended" Dappled Things
- "Sky-Punch" The Cresset
- "Conjuring Prayer" Slant: A Journal of Poetry
- "Bless the Farm Leagues" Dual Coast Magazine
- "When He Dies" Word Fountain
- "For Chistopher;" Common Ground Review
- “Funeral Fan, a Lament” The Windhover
- “Shadowboxing Late at Night” Rattle Poetry
- “Through the Kitchen Window” Red Flag Poetry
- “Sleepwalking” Tipton Poetry Review
- “kings and toys” Sharkpack Poetry
- “On the Weather Channel” Rosebud
Professional Service and Membership
- The Conference on Christianity and Literature, member
- Tennessee Philological Association
- Sigma Tau Delta English Honors Society
Grants and Awards
- Scholar of the Year, 2018-2019 (academic year)
- The Golden Acorn: Departmental Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2012.
- The William Jennings Bryan Philological Award for Excellence in the English Major, 2005.