Program Educational Objectives
- Demonstrate the technical, social, and communication skills needed to solve the complex problems facing our world, while developing a passion for life-long learning.
- Be a contributing team member with a focus on serving through innovative and skillful engineering practices.
- Display professional ethics and behavior that extend the dominion of mankind on the earth and alleviate the effects of the fall while sharing the good news of God’s full dominion and complete remedy to all people.
- Exhibit a Biblical pursuit of excellence and wisdom in integrating education, faith, and professional skills in a holistic way to guide technology decisions.
Engineering Student Outcomes
The following is the list of student outcomes for the engineering program:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies