Amount Varies. Not to Exceed Cost of Attendance.
This is a loan to the parent not the student. Additional Unsubsidized Stafford Loan funds are available to the student if the parent is denied the loan by the federal processor.
Origination Fees and Repayment
- Repayment begins 60 days after loan is fully disbursed
- Interest begins at disbursement
- Net origination fee of approximately 4.3% is deducted from each disbursement
- 7.08% fixed interest rate
- Monthly payment $11.26 per $1,000 borrowed, minimum payment $50
- Ten year repayment term
- .25% interest rate reduction for auto debit
- No penalties or extra fees for early repayment
- Loan Calculator
- PLUS Loan Request – A loan application where the parent can indicate the amount he or she wishes to borrow. Completion of the PLUS Request does not obligate the parent to repay the loan. Once the PLUS Request has been submitted, a credit check will be conducted by the federal processor and the parent will be notified of the results.
- Master Promissory Note – A multi-year note which covers all years of the student’s enrollment at Bryan College. The Master Promissory Note must be approved by the Direct Loan Servicer before funds may be disbursed.