Location: Dayton, TN
Supervisor: Assistant Director of Admissions
Compensation: Full-time Hourly with Benefits
The Admissions Counselor is responsible for all aspects of contacting, counseling, and encouraging prospective students and applicants to make informed decisions about enrolling at Bryan college while building relationships with external constituents, maintaining accurate student records, and representing Bryan College during on-campus and off-campus events.
- Develop expertise as an admissions counselor by implementing best practices of higher education recruiting, and articulating the mission, services and opportunities of the college to our target market.
- Represent Bryan college at schools, college fairs, and other off-campus events to develop leads and relationships with those who influence your students: parents, teachers, guidance counselors, coaches, youth pastors, etc. Extensive overnight travel is required (seasonal).
- Aggressively recruit qualified prospective students to move them through the enrollment process by planning relevant future tasks and using all modes of communication including personal meetings, interviews, phone calls, emails, texts, and social media to deliver relevant information and develop relationships. Regular evenings and some weekends are necessary to effectively communicate with students and their parents.
- Know your applicants and their needs and respond promptly to them; serve as a liaison between the greater college community and prospective students and their families.
- Conduct affordability conversations with students and families and communicate scholarship opportunities with qualified prospective students.
- Actively participate in recruiting events and campus visits by meeting with families, conducting group presentations, and leading campus tours. Some events will include evenings and weekends.
- Maintain student records (database, spreadsheets, etc.) with current, relevant, and accurate data, including accurate records of your activities, communications and details of importance to each student’s recruitment.
- Maintain good working relationships with colleagues and other departments on campus.
- Support and assist coworkers as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Good social skills
- Working knowledge of computers
- Good driving record
- Accepts a non-traditional work schedule.
- Experience (professional or internship) in sales or customer service preferred
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be committed to serving Him and His church.
- Endorse without reservation our mission and standards of conduct.
- Has a strong work ethic - responsible, reliable, thorough, and willing to do more than is required to achieve a goal.
- Will accomplish goals and assignments with innovation and creativity, without requiring direct supervision.
- Can work both independently and as part of a team.
- Can work effectively in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment.
- Has a flexible, positive attitude – open to new ideas, responds professionally to interruptions and change.
- Is self-disciplined and motivated.
- Desires to provide a high level of customer care.