Information Technology Services 721 Bryan Drive
Dayton, TN 37321
Mercer 101, Box #7788 Email
Direct Office Phone: 423-775-7333
Status: Full-time with benefits
location: Dayton, TN Apply for this Position
Full-time position; Utilizes T-SQL in combination with MS SQL Reporting Services (RS) to provide tailored solutions to data needs.
Reports to: Senior Database Administrator
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) in a technical or computer science major from a four-year college or university and at least one year of related technical experience.
- Technical experience and professional IT certification may be considered if no degree or if the degree is in a non-technical major.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office and/or comparable software for end users
- Knowledge and expertise that will enable the employee to quickly intuit or locate solutions to support inquiries, if not already known.
- Experience with SQL, particularly Microsoft’s implementation of T-SQL.
- The ability to discern and implement solutions in response to requests that fit within the established college workflow and do not adversely affect other departments.
- Only rudimentary support, if any, for specialized programs that are approved and installed in only limited areas (e.g., Adobe products, MS Dynamics GP, Financial Aid software, Millennium, Moodle, etc.).
- Familiarity with Crystal Reports preferred
- Create / maintain SQL queries, statements, and RS reports
- Routine database tasks such as manual data import / export and ad hoc queries
- Install, support, and provide end-user training for database-driven applications
- Research customer requests related to reporting needs
- Maintain documentation for repeating tasks
- Verify backups run successfully each day
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be committed to serving Him and His church.
- Endorse without reservation our mission and standards of conduct.