Location: Dayton, TN
Reports To: Department Chair, Education
Exempt (Y/N): Y
Candidates for this position will teach a 12 credit hour load per semester at the undergraduate level. They will cover topics such as curriculum design and implementation, curriculum accommodations and modifications, legal and ethical issues in education, and classroom management. In addition, the successful candidate will supervise undergraduate students in local school settings.
- Teach a minimum of 12 hours per semester
- Student teacher supervision/mentorship
- Academic advising of students in the department
- Help with the development of new licensure programs
- Earned Doctorate in Education or closely related field
- 18 graduate hours in each field(s) in which candidate will teach
- Teaching certification with at least 5 years of experience in either public or private K-12 education.
- Special Education experience and license preferred
- Proficiency in technology and application integration
- Ability to work cooperatively with others and provide excellent service to students, employees and the community