Location: Dayton, TN
Supervisor: Chair, Department of Humanities
English Faculty Position
Bryan College seeks a candidate to fill a teaching position in the English Program. An ideal candidate will have experience teaching composition and creative writing. Experience in ESL classrooms and initiatives would also be seen as beneficial. The position requires teaching courses such as Introduction to Creative Writing, Fiction Writing, Poetry Writing, Creative Nonfiction, and possible new courses while integrating these studies with a Christian worldview. Candidates must have expertise in creative writing and demonstrate publication history and strong teaching credentials. Candidates will work with Department personnel on creative writing curriculum design and professionalization of current creative writing majors. In addition to creative writing courses, candidates will teach composition courses and develop new curriculum for ESL.
- Teach 12 hours per semester with standard responsibilities related to committee work and student advising
- High Priority placed on individual student/teacher interaction and mentoring
- M.F.A. or Ph.D. in Creative Writing with breadth of undergraduate and graduate experience.
- Candidates at or near A.B.D. standing in an accredited doctoral program will be considered for the position.
- Extensive classroom experience in composition and creative writing.