Department: Student Life
Location: Dayton, TN
Reports To: Assistant Dean of Students
Exempt (Y/N): Y
Female Resident Director
Department: Student Life
The Female Resident Director (RD) position is a live-in 10-month (August 1st – May 30th) full-time position that is part of the Office of Student Life. The RD reports directly to the Assistant Dean of Students.
- Mentor, supervise and disciple the Resident Assistants (RAs) in her residence hall by building a strong relationship with each one, providing encouragement, and developing a “working team” support system.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the RA Retreat.
- Participate in the regular RA meetings.
- Assist in the RA selection process.
- Enforce College standards, rules and regulations, reporting major discipline problems and offenses to the Dean or Assistant Dean of Students.
- Establish visibility and availability within the residence halls.
- Work to create a residence hall atmosphere conducive to individual growth.
- Advise and counsel students as necessary, making appropriate referrals as needed.
- Assist in the beginning and end of the year residence hall procedures.
- Assist in emergency situations, reporting problems to the appropriate officials.
- Serve as “RD on-duty” according to duty schedule.
- Attend appropriate departmental staff meetings.
- Provide support and encouragement to fellow staff members in an effort to build a working team.
- Demonstrate a growing relationship with Christ through lifestyle and speech.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Directly supervises the Resident Assistants (RAs) of her residence hall. The RD carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Bryan College’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training staff; planning, assigning, and directing tasks. In addition, the RD is responsible for interviewing and hiring new staff members, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
A Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s and experience is preferred.
A lifestyle and testimony that demonstrate a vital and growing relationship with Jesus Christ; competence in relational, interactive, supportive and confrontational skills; ability to develop and/or utilize schedules, records, reports and forms to organize time and manage a college residence facility; ability and desire to establish relationships with people of diverse backgrounds; a commitment to the educational mission of Bryan College as a non-denominational Christ-centered liberal arts college; as well as the followings:
The RD should expect to be up late nights often, as this is the time that many residential college students are actively seeking to spend time with their RD.