Academics Office 721 Bryan Drive
Dayton, TN 37321
Mercer 209, Box #7786 Email
Direct Office Phone: 423-775-7200
Status: Salaried with benefits
location: Dayton, TN Apply for this Position
Bryan College invites applications for a full-time faculty position to offer instruction and expand the impact of our Worship and Performing Arts Department.
The ideal candidate will possess a terminal degree and be qualified to teach piano pedagogy, piano performance, piano literature, keyboard skills, aural skills, and music theory.
Reports to: Department Chair, Worship and Performing Arts / Dean, School of Humanities and Christian Studies
Doctorate in field preferred, but candidates with Master’s credentials only may also be considered.
As piano and keyboard are a strong focus of the curriculum at Bryan College, the given faculty member will also be responsible for the following:
- Offering piano lessons for students needing to improve their skills;
- Leading the piano ensemble class and arranging for their performances;
- Facilitate senior recitals and other related performances;
- Check on and facilitate regular maintenance/tuning of departmental pianos;
- Assisting with regular performing arts shows, concerts and the like in keeping with the regular offerings of the department;
- Accompanying for key events at the College as needed.
- Prepare course plans and materials
- Deliver instruction for on-campus courses
- Promote a Christian worldview
- Advise students
- Meet regularly with students
- Promote the programs of the department
- Organize and host recruitment events
- Participate in departmental productions/performances
- Committee service as assigned
- Other departmental duties as needed
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be committed to serving Him and His church.
- Endorse without reservation our mission and standards of conduct.