Dr. J. Daryl Charles is co-editor (with David B. Capes) of a new collection of essays on Christian faith and culture titled Thriving in Babylon: Essays in Honor of A.J. Conyers, which appeared in the November 2010 Princeton Theological Monograph Series of Pickwick Publications.
From I.T. Services
- J. Matthew Dillard, helpdesk technician, and M. Luke Hathaway, database administrator/application support, graduated from the Adult Degree Completion program in December.
- Matthew Davis, hardware technician/rapid response, passed the CompTIA A+ certification exams.J. Matthew Dillard passed the CompTIA Network+ certification exam.
Mrs. Kim Keck and Dr. Sigrid Luther performed a Christmas program for the Chattanooga Music Teachers Association on December 9 in Chattanooga.
Dr. Sigrid Luther is coordinating the Day of Collaborative Music, part of the Year of Collaborative Music established by the Music Teachers National Association, of which Dr. Luther is vice president. The Saturday, January 22, event, sponsored by the Chattanooga Music Teachers Association (CMTA), will include performances by the following individuals and groups at Hamilton Place Mall and Hunter Museum of Art in Chattanooga and at Northgate Mall in Hixson:
- Students of CMTA members and other performers from the Chattanooga area
- Red Bank Baptist Church’s Handbell Choir, Senior Adult Ensemble, and Brass Ensemble
- Bryan College’s Women’s Chorus, Flute Ensemble, and Chamber Singers
- Faculty vocal duos from Chattanooga State Community College
- UTC Brass Quintet, Clarinet and Woodwind Ensembles, piano duo and others
- Trasher Elementary School Cool Cats Chorus
- CSO Youth Symphony Ensembles More details >>
Dr. Jeff Myers’ schedule:
January 14 – Workshop speaker for the Association of Christian Schools International Mid-American regional representatives;
January 17 – Board meeting for Passing the Baton International, Dayton, TN
January 19 – Speaker at LIFE Club at Rhea County High School, Dayton, TN
January 27-28 – Keynote address and workshops at the Association of Christian Schools International Teacher Conference, Galveston, TX.
Dr. Mel R. Wilhoit led the Bryan College Flute Ensemble in a program of Christmas music held at the Dayton Armory on November 20 as part of a community fund-raiser held by Rhea County Hospital to purchase new equipment. As president of the Rhea Arts Council, he hosted the annual Winter Arts Show at ArtCrafters in Dayton on December 4 and presented awards to its winners. Dr. Ruth Kantzer, adjunct professor, was the show’s judge. On Dec 12 Dr. Wilhoit sang with the Jeff Rouche Chorale in its annual Carol and Candlelight Service at Southern Adventist University Church in Collegedale, TN; and he sang with the Chattanooga Bach Choir at a concert for St Paul’s Episcopal Church (Chattanooga) noontime Advent Series on December 15.