Academics Office 721 Bryan Drive
Dayton, TN 37321
Mercer 209, Box #7786 Email
Direct Office Phone: 423-775-7200
Status: Part-time, hourly
location: Dayton, TN Apply for this Position
This is an hourly part-time position, averaging 12-29 hours per week, per semester. It is accompanied by an adjunct faculty appointment with Bryan College’s Clara Ward School of Nursing. Clinical instructors are paid an hourly rate and submit weekly timesheets to the Clinical Coordinator.
Reporting to the CWSON Dean, all WCSON faculty members are first required to evidence and maintain a vibrant, growing faith in Jesus Christ. CWSON clinical faculty provide opportunities for students to acquire nursing knowledge and skills using a variety of teaching methods within the clinical setting. The CWSON course lead faculty provide oversight and guidance related to clinical learning activities. This guidance is based on standards set by relevant policies, legal and other regulatory requirements, and best practice. Faculty will be reviewed and evaluated on the basis of how well they carry out these duties.
All Bryan faculty are expected to follow the policies, guidelines and instructions in the Bryan College 2023-24 Faculty Handbook.
Reports to: Dean, Clara Ward School of Nursing
- An earned MSN from an accredited nursing college or university is strongly preferred
- A BSN from an accredited nursing college or university is required
- Three years of direct client care experience as an RN in the area of clinical assignment within the last five years is required
- A current license or multistate licensure privilege to practice nursing in Tennessee as a registered nurse without any disciplinary action that currently restricts practice is required
- Provide evidence of education and experience necessary to indicate competency to teach within a given course.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required
- Fluency in English is required
- Competent in computer use – word processing, email, etc. is required
- Successfully pass a yearly criminal background check and drug screening
- Current American Heart Association certification to provide CPR
- Provide evidence of yearly tests and immunizations as required by School and/or clinical site policy
The principal functions of the Clara Ward School of Nursing Clinical Faculty are to:
- Demonstrate and maintain a vibrant, growing faith in Jesus Christ
- Provide hourly supervised clinical instruction to students in approved healthcare settings as scheduled by the Clinical Coordinator
- Adhere to the policies of Bryan College, the CWSON and the clinical sites
- Assist students to develop – appropriate for their class level – the values, attitudes and skills vital to the nursing profession
- Maintains professional, collegial relationships with CWSON and clinical site personnel
- Attend CWSON professional development offerings as requested
- Evaluate student learning and performance:
- Real-time in the clinical setting
- Mid-term formal evaluation
- End of course formal evaluation
- Communicates regularly (weekly) with the course faculty and Clinical Coordinator, notifying of successes and concerns in the clinical area
- Maintain professional practice requirements as required by the Tennessee Board of Nursing and the Clara Ward School of Nursing
- Function as an effective, responsive, collaborative member of the CWSON faculty team
- Other duties as assigned
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be committed to serving Him and His church.
- Endorse without reservation our mission and standards of conduct.