Finance Office 721 Bryan Drive
Dayton, TN 37321
Mercer 201, Box #7782 Email
Direct Office Phone: 423-775-7292
Status: Salaried with benefits
location: Dayton, TN Apply for this Position
The Director of Finance reports to the Senior VP of Business Operations and Finance and responsible for assisting the Senior VP in the areas of financial reporting and controls, cash management, debt acquisition and liquidation, investments and employee benefits.
Reports to: Senior Vice President of Business Operations and Finance
Master’s degree (M.B.A.) or CPA and/or four or more years of experience in not-for-profit upper level financial management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversees preparation of monthly financial reports, annual financial statements, coordinates the annual compliance and federal financial aid audits.
- Assists in preparation of annual budgets for discussion, evaluation, and approval as well as maintaining current information on actual-to-budget status during the year.
- Prepares and/or reviews all required outside reports including Federal Form 990, IPEDS, and any other report as needed.
- Oversees all accounting practices and provides financial data as needed.
- Reconciles various bank accounts to the general ledger.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Directly supervises the Business Office Manager and Controller.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be committed to serving Him and His church.
- Endorse without reservation our mission and standards of conduct.