Other Helpful Information
The Career Center seeks to accommodate recruiters in their visit to Bryan College. Here is some helpful information:
- Representatives who wish to recruit at Bryan College must go through the Career Center to secure a date. Faculty and administration are not responsible for campus visitors who wish to recruit.
- Your business or ministry is encouraged to visit Bryan College once a year. We encourage you to contact the Career Center at least two weeks in advance of your visit. If you are a camp or a graduate school/seminary, we encourage you to visit on the appropriate fair dates.
- All recruiters will be located at the Information booth in the Latimer Student Center. This location is a central area for traffic and provides a good opportunity to interact with students. The information booth has an 8-foot counter and a pull-down door that provides security for those who wish to house items overnight. This booth is shared with other organizations and may be unavailable at times.
- The Career Center will announce your visit in chapel PowerPoint announcements and in the weekly publication of the Announcer and will highlight your visit with a bulletin board display across from the Mailroom in Mercer Hall.
- Most recruiters check in with the Career Services from 9-10 a.m. and set up their displays before 10 a.m. On days that we have chapel, you are welcome to join the campus in Rudd Auditorium for chapel from 10:00-10:50 a.m. Lunch is between noon and 2 p.m. You will find a complimentary meal ticket in your information packet and we encourage you to have lunch while you are here. You are free to leave when you desire, though most recruiters stay until 2 or 3 p.m. We do ask that you fill out the Recruiting Evaluation form and leave it for us to pick up. Your comments and suggestions are important to us.
- If you are representing a public or private school and would like to receive a current copy of our Teacher’s Directory, simply post your employment opening on our Job Bulletin. All schools will receive a copy of the directory highlighting current graduates and students who will be graduating the next year.
- If you need a private room for interviewing students, we have several options available to you. Please mention this when you secure your recruiting date.
- It is our goal to make your visit profitable. We have many requests from recruiters to visit a classroom or speak in chapel. We will pass this information on to the appropriate people, but there are times when we will not be able to honor those requests. Your patience and understanding is appreciated.
- When planning to stay the night in Dayton, get information here.