Athletics teams at 'top of their game'
September 23, 2010
Bryan's fall sports teams are training and playing hard. Here are some of rankings and accolades the teams and individual players earned this week.
Men's Soccer Ranked #21 in the Nation
|The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) released the newest NAIA Men's Soccer Coaches' Top 25 Poll Tuesday. The Lions, ranked 25th last week, climbed four spots to #21 in the third poll of the season. This comes after they went 2-0 last week with wins over Trevecca Nazarene University and conference opponent Montreat College.|
Six Bryan Lions Take Appalachian Athletic Conference (AAC) Honors
- In Cross Country, Catherine Anderson took the women's title for Runner of the Week and Anthony Simpson took the men's title for Runner of the Week.
- In Women's Soccer, the Lady Lions took both titles with Stephanie Gagnon named Defensive Player of the Week and Stacey Tatum named Offensive Player of the Week.
- Jessica Jones was named Libero of the Week in Women's Volleyball.
- Daniel O’Kane from the Men's Soccer team was named Defensive Player of the Week.
This Week's AAC Ratings for All Fall Sports
- Men's Cross Country, #1 (Head Coach: Rodney Stoker)
- Women's Cross Country, #2 (Head Coach: Rodney Stoker)
- Men's Soccer, #1 (Head Coach: Dr. Sandy Zensen)
- Women's Soccer, #1 (Head Coach: Mark Suave)
- Women's Volleyball, #2 (Head Coach: Leo Sayles)
Bookmark BRYANLIONS.COM for all the latest sporting news!