Bryan College, like most colleges or universities in America, is an open campus which means that the public is welcome to visit freely. Our welcoming environment requires all within the Bryan community to be conscious of potential threats to our safety and security.
Precautions that we all need to follow are:
- Never give information about another student to people you don't know. Phone numbers, place of residence, or even a student's whereabouts should not be given to strangers. Visitors who are looking for a student should be directed to the Office of Student Life or to a Resident Director.
- All outside doors to residence halls are to remain closed and locked at all times. An ID card is required to open these doors. No one without card access should be allowed in residence halls without approval of the Resident Director.
- Students are strongly encouraged to keep their rooms locked. The college is not responsible for students' personal property.
Emergency Notification SystemBryan College utilizes a rapid alert and notification system to provide the campus community with immediate notice in the event of an emergency.
Students, faculty, and staff are able to enter or update their own preference for contact information (cell phone or land line number or both) through their eStudent, eFaculty, or eStaff account. Email addresses are already entered.
The emergency notification system is used only for emergency notification or weather alerts.
Campus Patrol Services
Daytime Patrol Services are provided by a Dayton Police Department resource officer from 1 - 9 p.m. weekdays while school is in session. This officer also serves as the regular liaison between the College and the Dayton Police Department.
Nighttime Patrol Services are provided from 9 p.m. until 7 a.m. the following day seven days a week. Services provided include the following:
- Ensuring that buildings are secure and investigating any unusual activity on campus.
- Coordinating with local law enforcement, emergency medical services, or fire response units called to the campus.
- Providing emergency maintenance help when needed.