- Ed.D., Education: Human Development & Learning, University of Tennessee, Chattanooga
- M.A., Educational Psychology, Ball State University
- M.Ed., Educational Leadership, Tennessee Temple University
- B.S., Psychology, Tennessee Temple University
Assistant Professor of Education & Psychology
Master of Education (M.Ed.) Program Director
Office Phone: 423.775.7490
Professional Certifications & Associations
- Tennessee State Department of Education, Psychology (Secondary, 9-12)
- Association of Christian Schools International, School Counseling Specialist
- American Psychological Association (#68407612) & Division 15 (EdPsych)
- Psi Chi International Honor Society in Psychology
- International Christian Community for Teacher Education (ICCTE)
- Assessment of Student Learning
- Organizational Effectiveness in Education
- Human Learning and Achievement Motivation
- Adolescent Development
- Program Evaluation
- School Leadership
- College Student Success
Selected Publications & Presentations
- Johnson, M. L. (2016). Developing reflective learners: Grit, growth, and improvement. Grading for Growth in ASCD Express: Ideas from the Field, 11 (23). Retrieved from ASCD.org
- Johnson, M. L. (2016). Course-embedded assessment: Using course assignments to strengthen program assessment. Presented at The Teaching Professor Conference, Washington, D.C.
- Johnson, M. L. (2015). Field notes: A holistic approach to learning assessment. ASCD Express: Ideas from the Field, 11 (5). Retrieved from ASCD.org
- Johnson, M. L. (2013). An investigation of faculty practices for assessing student learning in five TICUA member institutions.Presented at the Tennessee Independent Colleges & Universities Association (TICUA) Annual Meeting for Institutional Researchers & Chief Academic Officers, Belmont University, Nashville, TN.
- Johnson, M. L. (2013). Faculty perception and use of learning-centered strategies to assess student learning (Doctoral dissertation). Retrieved from ProQuest.
- Johnson, M. L. & Lovett, S. B. (2010). FAQ #1: Will my courses transfer? Presented at the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges & Schools (TRACS) Annual Conference, Greensboro, NC.
- Johnson, M. L. (2010). Six levels of learning: Applying Bloom’s taxonomy in the classroom. Presented at the Palms Christian School, San Pedro, Dominican Republic.
- Principles of Education
- Human Learning
- Lifespan Development
- Adolescent Psychology
- Advanced Educational Psychology
- Advanced Child Development
- Assessment and Evaluation