Finance Office 721 Bryan Drive
Dayton, TN 37321
Mercer 201, Box #7782 Email
Direct Office Phone: 423-775-7292
Status: Full-time hourly with Benefits
location: Dayton, TN Apply for this Position
The Accounting Assistant serves in the accounts receivable role for the traditional undergraduate program
Reports to: Controller
Associate’s degree and one to two years related experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure that all charges are accurately generated in e-Cams in a timely manner. Process manual charges to accounts as required.
- Collaborates with Financial Aid to provide the affordability of the program to the student
- Works collaboratively with the Controller, VP of Finance, and the Registrar to ensure consistent implementation of billing and payment policies
- Production and distribution of monthly statements.
- Applying payments to student accounts.
- Process all deposits received by the College (example: Bookstore income and contributions)
- Balancing cash drawer/petty cash
- Providing reports as required.
- Assisting in general ledger accounting and preparing monthly account reconciliations of specific accounts as assigned.
- Available for special projects as assigned by the Controller
- Assist with annual audit
- Back up for Accounts Payable
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be committed to serving Him and His church.
- Endorse without reservation our mission and standards of conduct.