Student Life Office 721 Bryan Drive
Dayton, TN 37321
BOX 7781 Email
Direct Office Phone: 423-775-7285
Status: Full-time, salaried with benefits
location: Dayton, TN Apply for this Position
As a member of the Student Life staff, the Assistant Director of Christian Formation & Campus Worship serves the college by providing focused leadership to existing Christian formation programs. Responsibilities include academic instruction, oversight of all worship areas, and leadership cultivation.
This position requires an individual to demonstrate a mature and continually growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, demonstrated spiritual leadership aptitude and experience, superior judgment, a passion for the collegiate learning environment, the ability to complete projects with minimal supervision, and the understanding of the current formational needs of students.
Reports to: Director of Christian Formation
- Master’s Degree in Relevant Field
- Biblical and Theological depth; vocational ministry experience is preferred
- Experience with curriculum development, discipleship, teaching, and small group facilitation.
- In good standing as a member of a local church
- Pastor Reference
- A minimum of three years of relevant professional experience
Christian Formation & Worship
- Work with the Director of Christian Formation to create a meaningful and relevant chapel program and with speakers to create consistent worship motifs, etc.
- Provide appropriate leadership to the different opportunities within the Christian Formation Program
- Develop and provide oversight to a full-curricular/co-curricular program in the area of Worship Arts, including Worship Leadership Teams
Recruitment and Leadership
- Partner with the Director of Christian Formation to cultivate church, community, and school partnerships through relationship-building and worship-leading engagements off-campus
- Recruit & develop student leadership teams that participate in on-campus and off-campus opportunities
- Develop marketing strategies for recruitment and off-campus engagements
- Teach 10 academic credits per year (6 credits max per semester) in the Christian Studies degree program. Leading the Worship Leadership Team will always count for 1 academic credit per semester.
- Additional compensation will be provided at the adjunct instructor rate per credit taught
- Provide input to the coursework for the Worship Arts curriculum, including any appropriate revisions to the curriculum
- Continue professional development in the field of Worship Arts
- Plan and participate in recruitment events