President's Office 721 Bryan Drive
Dayton, TN 37321
BOX 7792 Email
Direct Office Phone: 423-775-7210
Status: Salaried with Benefits
location: Dayton, TN Apply for this Position
On behalf of and in cooperation with the President, the Executive Assistant to the President manages the Office of the President (supervises secretary/receptionist, plans and supervises selected college advancement functions, informs/updates the College Board of Trustees, staff and faculty, plans and implements staff development opportunities). In performing these functions, the Executive Assistant to the President assists in the support of the goals of the Strategic Plan and the Institutional Mission.
Reports to: President
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from a four‑year college or university.
1-2 years of related experience
Duties with regard to the President of Bryan College:
- Supervises and manages communication to and from the president’s office.
- Represents the president at on-campus meetings when he is unable to attend.
- Supervises the meeting schedule of the president.
- Serves on the President’s Executive Cabinet.
- Serves on the President’s Cabinet.
- Represents, explains, and advocates executive policies to employees and the public.
- Other duties as assigned by the President.
Duties with regard to public representation:
- Officially represents the president at meetings when he is unable to attend
- Duties with regard to the trustees:
- Plans and organizes official trustee meetings.
- Safeguards the official actions and minutes of the trustee meetings.
- Supervises informational emails and mailings to the trustees.
- Serves as the Bryan College contact person for the Board of Trustees in coordination with and on behalf of the President.
Duties with regard to the campus:
- Serves with HR to plan employee luncheons including securing speakers and topics
- Works closely with other college departments to ensure collaboration and communication.
- Plans with the president on ways/content to update the campus (email, in person, social media)
- Supervises staff newsletters and seeks to enhance communication with faculty and staff.
- Organizes and supervises new initiatives involving more than one department of the college.
- Organizes and directs college-wide efforts when necessary so that they run smoothly and complement one another.
- Plans and directs presidential events and functions.
- Plans and organizes focus groups on behalf of the President.
- Attends and supports students’ and campus activities as time allows.
- Supervisory responsibilities
- Directly supervises the secretary/receptionist in the Office of the President and a student assistant (as needed for research purposes.)
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work.
- In addition, is responsible for interviewing and hiring employees, addressing complaints; resolving problems.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be committed to serving Him and His church.
- Endorse without reservation our mission and standards of conduct.