This past July and August, Bryan’s Coordinator of Military & First Responder Programs, Mike Kennedy, presented at multiple conferences across the U.S.
Chief Master Sergeant (Retired) Kennedy presented on a variety of topics to nearly two thousand Air Force Active Duty, Air Guard, Air Force Reserves, and Retirees.
Speaking topics were as follows:
- July 22, Knoxville, TN; “Building on the Past- What We Did to Get Here Today” at a gathering of Air National Guard, Air Force Reserve, and Air Force Active duty First Sergeants
- July 24, Youngstown, OH; “Our Foundation; America’s and your Educational Foundation” at a gathering of enlisted Air National Guard members
- August 3, Des Moines, IA; “Always Been the Soldier” (song) at the Enlisted Association of the National Guard of the United States (EANGUS) general caucus
- August 7, Des Moines, IA; “Our Foundation; America’s and Your Educational Foundation” at a gathering of Air National Guard enlisted members and retirees
- August 24-29th, San Antonio, TX; “Resiliency and Dealing with Suicide” at the Air Force Sergeant’s Association (AFSA) Professional Airman’s Conference,
Both military and veteran communities have dealt with increasing stress and anxiety related issues since 9-11; currently, combined military communities deal with an average of 22 suicides per day. Chief Kennedy encouraged the attendees at each conference, telling them that Bryan College prays for them and desires comfort and grace for them and their families during difficult times.
“I am privileged and blessed to have these opportunities to share my passion and faith in these settings with our military members,” Chief Kennedy said. “These selfless patriots who wear our Nation’s Fabric experience much in the way of sacrifice, service and separation from their families. We at Bryan lift them up in daily prayer, and I ask that we continue to do so.”
In addition to serving as Coordinator of Military & First Responder Recruitment, Chief Kennedy also serves as an advisor to the military student community on campus. For more information or support, email email@example.com.